Broadhempston Village Primary School is committed to maximising the achievement of all our students. There is a clear link between good attendance and educational achievement.
Our aim is to promote regular attendance and excellent punctuality in order to ensure all our students achieve their potential.
If a school can improve attendance by 1%, they will see a 5-6% improvement in attainment. Please help us and your child by ensuring his/her attendance remains at 100%, allowing him/her to achieve their potential.
How can you help?
Ways for parents to promote regular attendance:
- Talk regularly with your child about school and how they feel about it. They are more likely to attend if they feel supported and their anxieties listened to.
- Phone school as soon as possible as to why your child is absent and when you expect them to return. Putting the school number in your phone can save time.
- Only grant days at home for genuine illness. (you will know)!
- Avoid taking holidays in term time. They will not be authorised.
- Know the routine of the school day to avoid issues e.g. have they got PE?
- If you have concerns ring and we will check attendance and be discreet.
- Praise and reward good attendance: even small success, e.g. going in promptly, even when the first lesson is the worst!