Key findings from our inspection June 2013:
Overall effectiveness - Outstanding 1
Achievement of pupils - Outstanding 1
Quality of teaching - Outstanding 1
Behaviour and safety of pupils - Outstanding 1
Leadership and management - Outstanding 1
Summary of key findings for parents and pupils
- This is an outstanding school.? Pupils make outstanding progress from their starting points and attain high standards by the end of Year 6.
- Pupils’ achievement in mathematics has been particularly strong with a high proportion of pupils reaching the higher levels.
- ?Pupils benefit from high quality teaching. Teachers convey high expectations of learning and behaviour. All pupils are expected to do their best and they respond extremely well.
- ?Teachers set demanding tasks which are well suited to pupils’ abilities and learning needs.
- Pupils have very good opportunities to apply their knowledge and skills in working independently, investigating and solving problems.
- Pupils show extremely positive attitudes to learning. They are enthusiastic and learn exceptionally well, either on their own or in teams as required.
- Behaviour is often exemplary in lessons, in assembly and in the playing areas.
- Pupils feel extremely safe and very well cared for by the staff.
- Attendance is well above average.
- By the time they leave, pupils are confident and mature learners who are extremely well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- The headteacher provides strong leadership and educational direction.
- Other leaders and staff work very well as a team in raising achievement and in promoting high quality teaching and outstanding personal development for pupils.
- An exciting range of learning activities is provided with mathematics, sport, outdoor learning and music as key strengths.
- The school has established successful partnerships with parents and the community.
You can read the full inspection by downloading the below document.